Florida’s Space Coast offers a range of festive fall activities for the whole family
COCOA, Florida, November 3, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The Space Coast is best known for being the only beach that doubles as a launch pad, but there is so much more than space and sand to discover. This fall, discover rocket launches, natural wonders, local history and cuisine, the arts and classic seasonal activities for the whole family. From harvest festivals and celebrations to arts and culture, the Space Coast has the perfect recipe to get you immersed in the fall season, all without a single change of foliage.
Top 8 things to do this fall on the Space Coast
- Catch a launch – Four launch attempts are planned on the Space Coast between October and November, including SpaceX Crew-3.
- Feast on the Space Coast – Autumn is for foodies! The Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex is hosting two Taste of Space events this year. Discover new dishes at by Viera Fall Food Truck “Feast” -ival or stroll through Melbourne city center Food and wine festival. Follow us on our social media as we highlight local restaurants, breweries and more.
- Celebrate the arts – From the Cocoa Beach Art Show and Melbourne Arts & Craft Expo to countless theater productions and community orchestral concerts, there is always something to enrich your visit to the Space Coast this fall. Enjoy the Jazzoo at Brevard Zoo or the Space Coast Music Festival while you are here. For movie buffs, head to the Melbourne Independent Filmmakers Festival.
- Take a hike or a run – The weather is perfect to enjoy one of our many hiking and cycling trails. Three great paths converge in Titusville, an official Florida Trail Town. Runners can also enjoy events including the Cocoa beach 10k, the Space Coast Marathon & Half-Marathon and the Cocoa Beach Turkey Trot.
- Immerse yourself in history and culture –Take the time to enjoy the 13e Annual Festival of Indigenous Rhythms celebrating Native American Heritage Month. Visit the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum for their Veterans Weekend Open House or head to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex for the 2021 US Astronaut Hall of Fame induction.
- Celebrate the season – Swap snow for sand! Winter holiday festivities, including Space Coast Lightfest, begin at November 19e.
- Get started with holiday shopping – Stroll through one of our historic city centers to find something truly unique for a loved one. If you’d rather give experiences, you can get gift certificates for Space Coast classics including the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Brevard Zoo, and more.
- Enjoy nature –The weather is great for birding, and the Space Coast has over 40 sites on the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail. It is still warm enough to enjoy water activities like kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding or even surfing.
For more information, visit www.visitspacecoast.com.
Florida’s Space Coast is home to that of Orlando Nearest beach and Kennedy Space Center. Come visit the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop on Cocoa beach, kayak in front of the enclosures of Brevard Zoo or take a cruise from 2sd busiest port in the world, Port Canaveral.
SOURCE Florida’s Space Coast