Whitefish Mountain Resort Launches Summer Activities Memorial Day Weekend
Whitefish Mountain Resort will kick off its summer operating season with zipline tours, alpine slides, scenic elevator rides and other activities this Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30.
As in previous years, the resort will gradually open as the weather warms and the snow continues to melt. After Memorial Day, the resort will close and reopen the following weekend, June 4-5. The resort will operate daily June 11-September 5 (Labor Day), then will return to weekends only September 9-11 and September 16-6.
“It’s going to be another fun summer here on the Big and we’re excited to continue to offer a wide variety of family activities,” said Nick Polumbus, president of Whitefish Mountain Resort. “We remind everyone to practice good trail etiquette, watch out for wildlife, check weather and terrain conditions, and plan accordingly.”
A few things to consider at the start of the season:
• Weather permitting, Chair 6, Scenic Lifts, Zipline Tours, Spider Monkey Mountain, Aerial Adventure Park and one of two Alpine Slides will be open this weekend, along with slopes limited mountain bike trails under chair 10. Additional trails and village rentals will open as weather and terrain permit.
• The Summit House, Base Lodge Bar and Base Lodge Cafe will have limited menus to start the season.
• Early season conditions, including snow and mud, exist at the mid and upper elevations of the mountain, which will make sections of the Danny On Trail extremely difficult or even impassable.
• The summer tube will not be offered this year due to the construction of the new chair 4.
• Customers can save 10% on tickets to Scenic Lift, Spider Monkey Mountain and Whitefish Bike Park rides by purchasing online at least 24 hours in advance. Advance reservations are highly recommended for zipline tours, mountain bike rentals, and biking lessons, as availability is limited.
• The SNOW Bus will offer free trips between the resort and downtown Whitefish every day of the summer season. The bus schedule can be found at bigmtncommercial.org/snow-bus-schedule.
• Wildlife, including bears, are active this time of year. Hikers should wear bear spray and stay as far away from any bears spotted on the mountain as possible.
Prices and other information on summer activities are available at skiwhitefish.com/summer.